Monday, July 9, 2007

Yep, summer...

Ok, so last week I posted 'where is summer' because I was wearing my sweater.
Today, as I write this I am wondering how many articles of clothing I can remove!

Tonight for the first night I will be sleeping with the a/c on! (sorry global warming!)
Mind you, I'd rather be hot than cold any day.
I'm a tropical/mediterreanean weather gal. I'd rather sweat than be bundled up. I'd rather feel the sun on my skin (but not a sun worshipper) than the icy winds on my face.

Interesting comment about air conditioning though, I met someone from Singapore a few years ago and he told me of a speech given by the economic minister there at the time. The minister credited widespread employment of the air conditioner with boosting the country's productivity. Without it, he said productivity had been lower in the past. Very interesting huh?

I visited Singapore two years ago in the summer. Not as hot as Arizona can be in the summer. About the same as NY in my opinion. But I did notice the constant signs in store windows - "We have air cond" (and they say air cond not a/c or air conditioning!) It really was, is, a big thing for them!

No comments: