Monday, July 2, 2007

Summer?

I'm wearing a light cashmere sweater today at work.
Cashmere sweater in the summer????
It's a high of 77degrees F. Is this what the beginning of July usually like? I've been cold for so long that I can't seem to remember last year summer.
Now, no need to rant and rave to me about how you can't stand the hot and humid weather. I'm not asking for sweltering humidity but come on...I wanted to put away cashmere sweaters by now! In fact I tried - I had it dry cleaned a few days ago and then realized instead of putting it in storage I had to keep it with me because the weather the next day was going to be rather cool.

A friend has reassured me that I just need to wait about 10 more years for global warming and NY will be as warm as I desire. But, au contraire! As a kid the summers were always hot in NY. Now, they've gotten a bit cooler I find. So so much for the global warming theory, at least as far as NY summer is concerned.

And then because it is SUPPOSED to be summer the building managements and transport management have of course all decided to put on the a/c full blast as if we were actually having a regular summer. So not only am I not happily warm outdoors, I then freeze further as soon as I step indoors!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As Lucy in Charlie Brown would say "Aargh!!"

Am I the only person who feels this way??? As far as I'm concerned, slightly chilled is best for champagne and not for humans....

Kasandra

2 comments:

Daniel Feldman said...

Personally, I am skeptical that "global warming" exists. I studied meteorology (and still do, to an extent.) The atmosphere is too large and massive to be affected on a global scale by mankind and fossil fuels. Additionally, climate works on trends, cycles, and patterns of alternate warm / cold patterns.

In short, I think global warming is a political and marketing ploy. Man cannot "control" the weather. If that were true, we would be able to divert hurricanes and tornadoes at will.

1kasandra said...

I''m really curious - what would politicans gain from this? Ok, maybe the marketers might gain from marketing 'eco friendly' products but politicians?