Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners

While everyone else is beginning to make plans for how they will spend their New Year's Day with family and friends (yes, there are lots of folks who are starting this early, darn their plan in advance souls!) I shall be free of any such needless thinking.

I shall have a great time and be entertained the whole way watching the Honeymooners. Hey, you think a birthday comes only once a year? or New Year's Day is only once a year, well you may be right but good ol' Jackie Gleason comes on just once a year too.

Yep, I'll enjoy watching how the male/female marriage dynamic and know that it persists over generations. I think it's a great way to start the year - be realistic about your resolutions, they are about as likely to come true as one of Ralph Kramden's hair brained schemes.

And if you think I'm just putting a damper on things then, 'bang, zoom and to the moon to you'...

3 comments:

1kasandra said...

just checking to read my wonderful post :0

Daniel Feldman said...

One of the "Lost Episodes" showed Ralph and Norton at a hotel where Jackie Gleason was supposed to appear as a speaker. So, Ralph and Ed are in the hotel lobby discussing who was a funnier character. And, of course, Ed, says, Art Carney is funnier, and Ralph says, Jackie Gleason is funnier.
Unable, to settle the argument, Ralph decides to ask the hotel desk clerk his opinion. The clerk says, "I wouldn't know. I never watch the Honeymooners!"

1kasandra said...

wait, so was that an actual show? so they were watching themselves on a show??? I'm not quite clear on that.
but even so, just because it involves them I am sure it was funny...